On episode 35 of the EMS Leadership podcast the guest talks about educational opportunities for EMS professionals at the National Fire Academy in Emmitsburgh, MD. I have attended several classes at the NFA and I can attest to the quality of the information provided. I do believe that people working for private ambulance companies are not eligible to receive reimbursement for travel (and I am not sure if they can even get into the NFA). I hope this has changed, I would like to take more classes there but since I left my fire department job for private EMS, I believe I cannot apply for classes at the NFA.
Connect with me
- We need better literature in EMS and more out-of-hospital related studies to be read. EMS is behind in science. twitter.com/JeffreyBilyk/s… 3 hours ago
- RT @NYCEMSwatch: EMT was armed with a handgun & a double-edged knife when police arrested him at Brewster Ambulance. https://t.co/fzgPfDLed… 3 hours ago
- Not sure why people with POTS visit my theme parks, but I seem to find them all. 3 hours ago
- I don't think they can order them to remove the parody cover. They can request all they want though. twitter.com/thehill/status… 20 hours ago
- That is a heck of a shot twitter.com/OrlandoCitySC/… 1 day ago